Friday, November 03, 2006

Nothing to Say

Some people might think that having nothing to talk about is a huge drawback. It's actually a benefit. When you don't already have a specific thought taking up all your attention, you are free to wander wherever you please. So whither wander I today? I wonder whether I wander whither something strange might happen? Well, that sentence did, and that was fairly strange...but not as strange as some I've seen. I'll spare you for now, since I'm feeling generous.

It's rather dark in here. But that's what happens when you turn off all the lights. I mean, that's what's always happened before, and it seems to still work that way. Yes, I should be sleeping. Get over it, already.

Once upon a time, there was a young man who left his home to seek his fortune. He didn't have as many adventures as he hoped, but the ones he did have were mostly full of boring technicalities. He finally gave up the life of an adventurer and built an inn on the side of a mountain. It was a strange location for an inn, and everyone said so. But as it turned out, he had a fair number of guests, so perhaps his judgment wasn't so bad after all. The Inn turned out to be quite an exciting place...more things happened in the main room of the Inn than had ever happened to the Innkeeper in all his wanderings beforehand.

The Innkeeper figures no more in this story at present, but we shall meet him again later, perhaps.

No comments: